July 26, 2009

Video killed the radio star

It's funny, the first "real" job I applied for was at the NL radio station, and while I got an interview, the guy who interviewed me wanted me to do a whole bunch of other stuff as part of the application process. (Voice recording, broadcast writing style, etc.) I guess I just kind of lost interest in wanting to do broadcast, or maybe I just didn't want to have to do all this extra crap just to maybe get a job. Oh well. As it turns out, I got a job in print media.

Anyway, the funny thing is, now that I'm working at an amazing publication, I've been exposed to so many different aspects of media. Like on Friday, I was on TV, which was crazy-insane. I never thought that working at a little paper would get me behind a camera. It was quite surreal. Heck, I've only been graduated from J-School for a couple months or so now and I've already hosted a seminar to tell people about print media.

It's funny the way things just kind of work out for you in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment