December 29, 2009

Good ol' hockey game

You could possibly call me a typical Canadian, but there's something about watching a hockey game that gets me excited.


I love the fast pace of it, the fans are crazy and the athletes are talented.


A lot of my girl friends don't quite understand the game or why I love the Vancouver Canucks. To be honest, I never really watched hockey until about Grade 7. My (not really) step-dad is a crazed Canucks fan and so the game was always on.


Right now, I'm in hockey heaven. The Canadian World Junior team is doing very well in the IIHF World Junior Championship, the Canucks are managing to keep their socks off during their games, and the Olympics are coming up in just over a month, which we'll hopefully see both the men's and women's hockey teams bring home gold medals.


There may be many other countries that excel at the game of hockey, but I don't think any country shows as much passion for the sport as Canadians. If there's one thing that brings us all together, it's hockey.


What about you? Is there a sport that gets you excited? Do you enjoy hockey?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of hockey, especially since I played it for six years. I don't watch the regular season at all but I play close attention to the playoffs and I will be, of course, watching Canada mens and womens teams in the Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete