December 30, 2009

Rotten but delicious

Image found here

I don't have fast food all the time, but every so often I get a really bad craving for an egg burrito in the morning or chicken nuggets after a late night of partying.

It's interesting when people say to me "Oh gross, how can you eat that stuff? Don't you know how bad it is for you?" It's like they think I eat it all the time or something. I may have it once or twice a month, if that.

It's a shame that so many people eat garbage food and think it's not harming their bodies. I know living off of frozen meals and take-out is fast and easy, but they're lacking a lot of nutrients their body needs to be healthy, plus it can cause health problems in the future, like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and so on.

On the other hand, I would never be able to count calories and fat content in my meals everyday. I know that eating a giant plate of nachos smothered in cheese and dipped into sour cream isn't going to be good for me, but that's why I don't eat them all the time.

Anyway, I suppose the point I'm trying to make is to not assume a person eats fast food all the time. We're all aloud to treat ourselves, right?

How often do you eat fast food? Do you avoid it like the plague or treat yourself once in a while?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way - I eat fast food every once in awhile. I actually just had McDonalds at the beginning of December after a late night out. It sure did make me feel gross though. But I totally agree there's nothing wrong with eating fast food every once in awhile or, you know, ALL THE TIME over the holidays! Oy! Haha

    ReplyDelete