January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a fabulous night of celebration last night! I've only been asked a couple times so far about whether or not I've made a resolution yet.

I must say, I'm not one to make crazy resolutions. I've never sworn to eat healthier, quit smoking (because I've never seriously had to), or lose weight. Hell, I hardly make normal ones, like to be more positive, travel or read more books (although I have started reading more often).

Resolutions to me are like empty promises. You can make them to feel better about yourself, but you read in many articles that the majority of people fail within a month or less of making them.

I like to just tell myself that I will maybe do things. Maybe I'll travel somewhere new, maybe I'll go to the gym more often, maybe I'll be nicer ... you get the drift.

Regardless of whether or not you make a resolution, I hope 2010 lives up to all your expectations and then some.

1 comment:

  1. I don't make resolutions as well, I'd rather just be happy!

    hope you have a great year!
    loves

    ReplyDelete